Consumer Credit Licensing Information
Companies licensed and examined by the consumer credit section of the Missouri Division of Finance include retail credit institutions, motor vehicle time sales creditors, consumer credit lenders, consumer installment lenders, lenders of $500 or less (commonly called "payday lenders"), title loan lenders and premium finance companies. Credit service organizations (commonly termed "credit repair companies") and sale of checks companies (which include sale of money orders, money transmitting, value cards and bill payment) are also licensed by the consumer credit section.
Each link below has an overview of that type of license as well as links to licensing and renewal information, laws and regulations, and other information that may be needed or helpful.
- Credit service organizations
- Consumer installment lenders (510)
- Consumer Legal Funding
- Earned Wage Access (EWA)
- Missouri financing institutions (364)
- Money order / money transmitter
- Motor vehicle time sales (365)
- Payday lenders (500)
- Premium finance companies
- Small loan companies (367)
- Title lenders