State Banking BoardHome » Banks and Trust » State Banking Board
The State Banking and Savings and Loan Board considers appeals pertaining to certain decisions made by the Commissioner of Finance with respect to the chartering of new banks, the approval or disapproval of bank branches, or the relocation of banks or branches. The Board must also approve all regulations pertaining to banks promulgated by the Commissioner of Finance. In addition, the Board also advises the Commissioner of Finance as to the proper administration of his office and the banking laws of Missouri, and makes recommendations to the General Assembly regarding changes in those laws.
The board shall consist of five members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate. Two members shall have at least five years of bank management experience, one member must have at least five years of Savings and Loan Association management experience, one member must be an attorney in good standing with the Missouri bar, and one member shall not be involved with the administration of any financial institution.
Current Board Members
- Mr. Harold M. Miles, Advance: Chairman, Banker Member
- Mr. Thane Kifer, Bolivar: Secretary, Attorney/Banker Member
- Mr. Jay B. Knudtson, Cape Girardeau: Banker Member
- Mr. R. Bradley Weaver, Springfield: Savings and Loan Association Member
- Vacant: Non-Financial Institution Member